Rule of thumb for warm weather: Don’t eat anything unless it’s frozen and on a stick. Homemade ice cream can be a pain in the neck, what with the bowl-freezing and the custard-cooking, but popsicles? You have NO excuse not to make popsicles. Just buy a mold (or rig up some Dixie cups), pour in various liquids that taste good, and wait for the magic to happen.
Check out these 5 super cool and easy popsicles to make this summer!
- Mango Lassi Ice Pop These have a heavy pour of syrup (Pro tip: Use organic cane sugar to make it), but hey, at least it’s not that over-processed, refined sugar so you’re still getting some nutrients. Recipe here.
2. Berry Pops Fruit, yogurt, vanilla, and honey and that’s all folks. Recipe here.
3. Apricot Yogurt Popsicles Apricots: Better fresh than dried, and better in a popsicle than anywhere else. Recipe here.
4. Vegan Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Ice Pop A delicious chocolate-covered strawberry ice pop with no dairy. Oh happy vegan day. Recipe here.
5. Kiwi Pineapple Ice Pops Totally worth the ordeal of peeling, coring, and chopping your own pineapple, these sweet pops only use 2 tablespoons of honey for 10 pops. Recipe here.